Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Bathroom Book of Romance, a review


Book Review of The Bathroom Book of Romance - Book One
Hosted by Pump Up Your Book Tour

File Size: 189 KB
Print Length: 73 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Bookateer Publishing (April 11, 2012)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B007U06WKU



Book Synopsis:

This compilation, the first in a series of books with short stories, is short enough to read over a cup of tea or coffee, or whenever you have some time to yourself, yet long enough to bring a tear to your eye or a smile to your face. In fact some people call them “bathroom stories” as that might be the only place you get five minutes peace and quiet to yourself.
This is the first book consisting of some of the romance stories I have written over the years. Thousands have enjoyed reading them on the internet. I hope you, too, will enjoy reading them now that they are in print.

Originally produced in 2003, the book received some very positive reviews. However as with all things, it was a learning curve, and many mistakes, both in the production and editing of the book as well as the promotion, were made.

Now, years later, with the success of my YA novel “Across the Pond” as well as several years of radio shows, book promotion and learning I have updated the book and added many more stories.

I ran into an issue when some of these stories were first written where I received complaints from ladies who read the book on their way into work, only to arrive with it all smudged from the tears that were shed while reading. So to warn people that a certain story might be a “weepy” I placed small boxes of tissues next to the title of the story as a warning. I have done the same in this book … now you have been warned.

Author Information:

Born in Barnet, Hertfordshire, England, Barry left his beloved England in 2000, moving to the USA. Under the name “Storyheart” he released his best selling YA novel “Across the Pond” which currently has over 100 reviews on Amazon.
Barry is also well known as the host of the popular radio show “A Book and a Chat” with over 450 shows under his belt. Popular for narrating his stories on local TV or as a guest on other media stations, Barry’s whit, oratory, and old-fashioned English charm make him a popular interviewee.
The Bathroom Book of Romance – Book 1 is the first of a series of book sharing his previously published online, short romance stories.
Find out more at http://romance2read.com
Barry’s websites: http://across-t-pond.com/ as well as http://romance2read.com/
Barry on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/storyheart
Barry on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/storyheart52

Book Review

            In my extended family there is always something to read in the bathroom.  In fact most of my aunts and uncles have magazine racks in the bathroom holding Reader’s Digest, local magazines, and small books.  So when I saw the title of this book I knew I had to read it.
            In the foreword, the author includes this note: “I ran into an issue when some of these stories were first written where I received complaints from ladies who read the book on their way into work, only to arrive with it all smudged from the tears that were shed while reading. So to warn people that a certain story might be a “weepy” I placed small boxes of tissues next to the title of the story as a warning. I have done the same in this book … now you have been warned.”  I love this.  I am a crier.  I cry when I’m sad, I cry when I’m happy, I even cry when I’m really mad… this made me laugh.
            These stories are charming.  Little snippets of love… love found, love lost, love lasting, and love fleeting, all the ways of love.  Barry Eva brings together a wonderful collection of snapshots of love in all its forms.  However, as the Lays potato chip ad says, “bet you can’t eat just one” or in this case read just one.

            I give this anthology 4 out of 5 clouds.  I would have liked stories a tad longer with more depth mixed in with the very short shorts.


This product or book may have been distributed for review; this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

1 comment:

  1. Mindy thank you so much for having me as a guest on your blog and your review... I hope thew tissues were only briefly required.

    Barry

    ReplyDelete