Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Fated ~review

Well, its official.  I'm a fan of Melissa Wolff.  I bought her book "Fated" because I had to know how "Sharpie Messages: The Writing on the Wall" ended.  I have to say, it could pretty much be a stand alone book since there are numerous flashbacks to the past (what you see in "Sharpie Messages) but it's also a great conclusion.  

Short description

Sequel to Sharpie Messages: The Writing on the wall After learning that Jullian wasn’t the person who she thought he was, Chastity leaves the city to start over. A visit with Lauren and Kevin is what Chastity is sure she needs to clear her head. She gets more than she bargained for, however, when Lauren and Kevin’s new next door neighbor is none other than Xavier!

Extended description

After learning that Jullian wasn’t the person who she thought he was, Chastity leaves the city to start over. A visit with Lauren and Kevin is what Chastity is sure she needs to clear her head. She gets more than she bargained for, however, when Lauren and Kevin’s new next door neighbor is none other than Xavier! Seeing him throws Chastity into a whirlwind of past memories and unlocks emotions that Chastity hid deep in her heart long ago. It’s not long until the two get together again. But after five years apart, Xavier isn’t the only one with secrets anymore; Chastity has a pile of her own and she is determined to keep them hidden. Every time Xavier gets close to finding out one of Chastity’s secrets, she pushes him away. Over and over again she does this until Chastity and Xavier’s relationship is on the brink of ending. With her relationship at risk, Chastity has to decide what’s more important: her secrets or her first love.

Although I have to say Xavier does some pretty unforgivable (in my book) things, but then again they are both pretty messed up human beings.  The only sad thing is her best friends don't have a happily-ever-after moment with her... but then again maybe there are a couple more books in this series.

I have to give this book 4 out of 5 stars because I would have shot Xavier's moronic butt for what he said and buried him in the back 40 where no one would find his sorry carcass, but then again my Daddy raised me to expect to be treated like a Princesses.  Good thing I found my Prince.  All I can say is he better spend the rest of his flea-pickin' life making her happy or heads will roll.  (I have seriously got to lay of the Westerns.  I'm telling my husband [the Prince] to go back to watching lame "B" sci-fiys.  I have got to get my regular speech patterns back).

Just read this series and let me know how you like it. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment